Every parent is rightfully nervous the first time they drop their child off at daycare, and possibly every time after that too–parenting is never carefree! However, when you do leave your child with another person, you expect him or her to care for your child as they would their own. When a daycare fails to provide your child with the basic essentials to have a healthy, positive experience, there is a very good chance you have valid grounds to file a lawsuit against it. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are some examples of daycare negligence?
Daycares are in charge of essentially all aspects of your child’s life until you return, so they must conduct themselves professionally and responsibly. If they fail to do so and act negligently, children can get hurt as a result. Some examples and signs of daycare negligence are as follows:
- Staff failing to ask a child’s parents about his or her food allergies, or asking, and then neglecting to follow up by feeding the child something he or she is allergic to
- Allowing children to use broken or rusty playground equipment
- Neglecting to screen potential employees to ensure they are capable of caring for children and are not in any way a threat
- Ignoring children’s complaints, such as reports of pain, illness, or other problems
- Insufficient staff-to-child ratio,
- Poor food, water, or air quality
- Failing to ensure that all choking hazards are kept away from children
- Failing to observe and supervise children at all time
How do I sue a negligent daycare?
To sue a negligent daycare, your attorney will have to prove that your child was indeed enrolled in the daycare at the time of his or her injury. This means that the daycare provider owed your child a duty of care, and therefore breached that duty of care through an act of negligence. If you can prove that your child was injured due to a daycare provider’s negligence or cruelty and suffered significant damages as a result, you will most likely win your claim.
To prove your claim, your attorney will use pictures of your child’s injuries, witness statements verifying the claim, medical documents, police reports, and more. Do not let a negligent daycare get away with hurting your child in any way. Reach out to our compassionate firm who will aggressively fight for your family’s rights.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you have been injured in an accident and wish to speak with an attorney about your best course of action, contact the Law Offices of Decker, Tychostup & Friedman, LLC today.
Decker, Tychostup & Friedman, LLC is comprised of experienced personal injury, criminal defense, and family law attorneys. Our firm is proud to serve clients in Baltimore, Maryland. If you require strong legal representation that will fight to protect your future, contact the attorneys at Decker, Tychostup & Friedman, LLC to schedule a consultation.