Traffic Offense Attorney in Baltimore, Maryland
Traffic offenses range from minor infractions to major offenses. While most of these tickets come with various fines, the points to one’s license can increase insurance premiums, adding a further financial burden. In addition, some more serious municipal violations can lead to overwhelming fines, license suspension, and even jail time. It is important to discuss your situation with an effective legal team that can mitigate the impact of these various legal matters. Decker, Tychostup & Friedman is an experienced law firm serving clients in Baltimore and across the state of Maryland. For decades, our firm has successfully fought against the gamut of traffic tickets. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Decker, Tychostup & Friedman for a consultation today.
The Maryland point system
The Maryland point system is generally straightforward. The following point totals, acquired over the course of 2 years, can lead to a number of warnings and penalties, including:
- 3-4 points: A warning letter
- 5-7 points: Enrollment in a Driver Improvement Program
- 8-11 points: Suspended license
- 12+ points: Revoked license
Depending on the offense you have been charged with, you could be subject to a range of points, leading to the above consequences and raised insurance premiums.
Speeding is probably the most common traffic infraction. It may seem practical to plead guilty and pay a fine, but the impact to some of these tickets can be far-reaching. Our firm will represent you, protect your rights, and fight these tickets. If you already have accumulating points, even the smallest ticket can be a major problem. Our firm will use all legal means to fight the ticket or plea bargain the ticket down to a lesser infraction without points. Whatever the case, we are ready to handle all speeding tickets.
- 1-9 mph over the speed limit: $120.00 fine and 1 point to your driver’s license
- 10-19 mph over the speed limit: $140.00 fine and 2 points to your driver’s license
- 20-29 mph over the speed limit: $270.00 fine and 2 points to your driver’s license
- 30-39 mph over the speed limit: $540.00 fine and 5 points to your driver’s license
- 40+ mph over the speed limit: $1000.00 fine and 5 points to your driver’s license
Other serious traffic offenses
Decker, Tychostup & Friedman handles a wide range of serious traffic offenses that come with specific fines and points. Below are just some of the many serious charges a person can face in court.
- Reckless driving
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving with a revoked license
- Hit and run/ leaving the scene of the accident
- Driving without insurance
- Fleeing and eluding a police officer
These violations come with a range of serious consequences, including overwhelming fines, license suspension or revocation, major points to one’s driver’s license, and even jail. If you are convicted of an offense with jail time, you could be impacted by having a criminal record. Our firm can help.
Contact Decker, Tychostup & Friedman
The attorneys at Decker, Tychostup & Friedman are experienced in helping clients avoid fines, driver’s license points, and other penalties for Maryland traffic offenses. If you or someone you love has been charged with a traffic offense in Maryland, contact our firm to arrange a free confidential review of your Maryland traffic offense case.